Thursday, June 7, 2012

Character Design in Tai-Mai

There's not much in the way of Character Design today I'm afraid.


I'm not gonna lie. I'm really inspired to draw Captain Terrienth but his story (and character) are just not suited to my style!

See, long ago (in high school) I conceived of a land called Tai-Mai. It was like, Sci-fi meets fantasy. It was a pretty neat place. I always wanted to write stories that took place there. At first it had a very Lord of the Rings feel but later I redeveloped the land so it was less traditional fantasy and populated by more fantastic creatures. Some things lingered, like, the design the Human Empire military uniform (as displayed by Captain Terrienth above, sort of). But it became less of a war torn land and more of a post-war land where the Human Empire had the most political influence amongst the races that populated this land.

It's a really in depth world I developed and would love to draw but my artistic skills (and style) just don't mesh with it. It kind of depresses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment