Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fan art

For those not sure who this fellow is it's Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7. Which apparently sells for $250 for a decent condition copy right now. GOD I wish I bought all the FF7's I could get my hands on when I was younger!
So A small explanation for today.

Being a HUGE geek I love video games, fantasy stuff, and especially Final Fantasy. I wanted to draw just some fantasy knight or something today to satisfy my geekyness but I also wanted to stick to something more fitting to my style. So I figured I'll just draw a Final Fantasy character and see how it turns out in my style. I chose Cloud because hes very popular (and kind of simple) so others will figure out who they are just by looking at them.

I'm fine with how it turned out. I know there's some perspective and proportion issues but some of that is my style, some of that is me not having taken the time to actually work it out.

I never realized all the design choices made in Cloud character that are just ridiculous! Giant sword outstanding he's wearing a sleeveless turtle neck, overalls, baggy baggy pants, and mid-shin work boots! This guy is ANYTHING but battle ready! In fact, other than the should pad, and uneven gauntlets he's pretty much a dressed like a clown! I guess that's why they gave him a big sword, so you know he means business.

No comments:

Post a Comment